- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
- The prayer plant is one of the most distinguishable topicals, thanks to its beautiful leaves. The popular tricolor variety has deep green, velvety leaves with yellow splotches down the midrib and arching red veins traveling to the leaf margins. A slow-grower, the prayer plant can eventually reach up to a foot in height indoors. They are fairly common as houseplants and can be planted and cared for indoors during any time of the year, but they're not necessarily easy to keep growing over the long term.
- Plant Care:
- Pot Size: 6"
- Light: Hang or set your prayer plant near a window where it will receive indirect sunlight. Never set your plant in direct sunlight because the sun will scorch the plant’s leaves or the leaves will develop blotches or patches and fade in color intensity. Prayer plants are generally tolerant of lower light areas. In the winter, when the plants go into dormancy (and sometimes die back completely), provide them with bright light to maintain growth.
- Soil: Prayer plants can prosper in a variety of soils, so long as they're well-draining. Typically, a traditional potting mix works fine, but you can make your own by combining two parts sphagnum peat moss, one part loamy soil, and one part perlite or coarse sand together. In addition, the soil should be acidic, with a PH of 5.5 to 6.0. To improve drainage, add rocks or gravel to the bottom of your pot and be sure that the pot has ample drainage holes.
- Water: During their growing season, water your prayer plant frequently (whenever the top layer becomes dry) and never allow the potting soil to dry out completely. These plants are very susceptible to drought and will not survive long if left un watered. However, to avoid fungal problems, do not let water sit directly on the leaves or let the plant get soggy. Both insufficient water and over watering can cause the leaves to turn yellow and drop from the plant.2 When watering your prayer plant, use water that is at least at room temperature, if not slightly warm.
- Whats Included:
- Plant, Basket, Moss & Enclosure Card.